Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Friday, July 29, 2005

"How do you finish your prayers?"

Three-year-old Kelli and her brother Cody would say their prayers together each night. And as most children do who don’t want to leave anyone or anything out (and who want to delay going to bed), Kelli and Cody had to thank God for every animal in the animal kingdom including a few extinct ones, every living and deceased family member, every friend they’d ever had, and well, you get the picture.

Kelli finished her prayers a little differently than Cody. For about three weeks, when she was through, she would say, “All Girls.” Finally, her mother’s curiosity got the best of her and she asked, “Kelli, why do you say “All Girls” at the end of your prayers?”

And Kelli said, “Because Cody always says, ‘All Men’ at the end of his so I thought I would say ‘All Girls.’”

You know, I suspect God got a cosmic-sized laugh out of Kelli’s “All Girls.” Regardless of your gender, pray to God about everything in your life as you listen to life and make a life, not just a living.

2 Comments:

At 9:14 PM, Blogger LisaGail said...

My family breeds labradors, although my favorite are chocolate. I think I can count on one hand the number of times I've prayed to anyone in the past year, maybe that'll make my life easier - who knows.

 
At 7:59 AM, Blogger Listen To Life said...

Guess what? Our family breeds yellow Labradors and we have 7 puppies on the ground now who are only 5 days old! Chocolates are beautiful, too.

I've tried it both ways--praying and not praying--and yes, praying makes your life easier. There's Someone to carry the load with you, to listen and not judge, to love you and get you through it all. So, since you've tried not praying in the past year, try praying for the rest of this year and see what happens!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home