Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

"Who's in your bed?"

I saw an ad in a business magazine recently for a database company. The headline read, “Take (the database name) to Bed and Watch Your Sales Grow!” And as it was intended, that headline got me to read the rest of the article.

The ad continued, “You can call your prospects right from your bed and sign up new clients. (Database name) will make you rich and happy.”

I don’t know about you, but I’m not sure I want to call my prospects from my bed. I’m not so sure I want to sign up new clients from my bed either. And while I might get rich doing that, I know my wife won’t be happy and if she’s not happy, I’m not happy.

Now I know what they meant, but you know, many of us do take our work to bed. We go to sleep thinking about work, laying plans and making schemes. And we wake up still solving problems or developing marketing strategy. We’re so busy making a living, we forget to make a life.

Listen to life today for what God has to say.

1 Comments:

At 8:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for this reminder to release our concerns to the Lord. It brought to mind a chorus we used to sing as teenagers (about 50 years ago):

Let go and let God have his wonderful way,
Let go and let God have his way;
Your troubles will vanish, your night turn to day.
Let go and let God have His way!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home