Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Thursday, March 24, 2005

"What do you reflect?"

I sat at my desk, working on my next book, Listen to Life Like a Child. I got to a sentence where I needed just the right word, and coudn’t think of it. So I took my hands off the keyboard, and looked away from the computer screen.

Just then I noticed a pink-colored light on the wall. Where was this light coming from? I looked around for what it could be. I noticed that the morning sunlight was pouring in the window by the desk. So I figured that something must be reflecting the sunlight. I looked around for something pink and couldn’t find anything.

But then I noticed a paperweight on the desk. The Salvation Army gave it to me for speaking at a volunteer appreciation banquet. I had never noticed before, but its top has a reddish tint. The sunlight reflected off of it and onto the wall.

In the same way, you have no light of your own. But you can reflect God’s light into a dark world and let them just see the light, not you, as you listen to life and make a life, not just a living.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home