Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

"What's on your shelf?

On a shelf in my office, there’s a toy truck that I pushed around as a small boy, and a baseball that I played with in neighborhood games. Baseball was important to me, so I’ve got out three caps—one from my Little League days when I played for the White Sox, another from my Civic League experience of playing for the Jaycees, and my high school ball cap.

On another shelf is the AM radio I listened to every morning as I ate my breakfast, Jimmy Francis updating me on the news, weather, and sports for the day. That same shelf holds another radio, the first FM radio I remember. It belonged to my Grandfather and I still remember coming in from playing outside to join him at five o’clock sharp to listen to the evening news.

I keep all of this stuff in my office to remind me of where I’ve been. That I’ve not always been where I am now. That God has blessed me with people and experiences that I chose to help me become the man I am today. And that come what may, with God’s help, I can make it through another day as I listen to life and make a life, not just a living.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home