Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Monday, March 21, 2005

"Are you as young as you used to be?"

The other day I was talking with someone about wearing bifocals. “Well,” she said, “You’re not as young as you used to be!”

I thought about that and decided that not just middle-aged guys with bifocals can say that. My 13-year-old daughter can say that and so can my 4-year-old nephew. But too often we use this thought of not being as young as we used to be as an excuse for not doing or stopping making a life.

Then I remembered that architect Frank Lloyd Wright began his most prolific work at 69. Michelangelo was 71 when appointed as chief architect of St. Peter’s in Rome. Thomas Edison was still inventing in his eighties. Gandhi was 60 when he led a two-hundred mile march against the British salt tax.

You know, if these guys can do what they did at their ages, maybe your best years are ahead of you. As long as God gives you breath and life, God has a plan for you, a plan for you to prosper. So listen to life today for what God has to say as you make a life, not just a living.

1 Comments:

At 7:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boy did I need that message today. I'm having a birthday in a few days and I've recently been looking at my life and saying "what have I done?"

I'm motivated to try to do a little more now that I've learned what I've learned what all those great folks did late in life. Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home