Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Sunday, September 20, 2009

"Is there a specific day that you just dread?"

Click here to listen to Dr. Joey tell his story!


A recent survey says that 33% of us dread the day we go to the dentist office. 18% of us just dread Mondays in general (like you really needed to hear that today). Tax Day, April 15, is dreaded by 15% of us while 13% of us dread the last day of summer. And if you can believe this one—8% of Americans surveyed said they dread their birthdays. So I guess the most dreaded day of all is when your birthday is Monday, April 15 and you have a dentist appointment and it’s cool like the last day of summer.

I wonder why a survey’s not been done on the specific day that’s our favorite? Maybe somebody will get around to it one day and discover that the lists are the same. I mean if you go to the dentist or pay taxes, it means you have some money in your pocket. And without Mondays there’d be no Fridays, right? And if summer didn’t end, the leaves wouldn’t change colors. And if we didn’t have birthdays, well, we couldn’t listen to life today for what God has to say.

So as you listen to life and make a life, not just a living, make today your favorite day!


Discover more great stories like this one!

2 Comments:

At 3:58 PM, Anonymous Cindy said...

You have such a sense of humor don't you? I was thinking today started out kind of yucky, it's Monday, after a really busy weekend, but I also had a dental appointment this morning, which I though was at 8:40am, but which was really at 9:30am, so I was an hour early for my appointment, but an extra hour late to work! So I had to be really careful and not feel rushed, so I wouldn't get pulled over and get a ticket for speeding (which by the way I didn't, but I had to keep telling myself to slow down).

Anyhow, thanks so much, God is awesome!

Cindy

 
At 2:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really liked this one...especially since I'm reading it on a Monday. Thanks for sharing :-)

Peace and Blessings.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home