Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

"How honest are you?"

Click here to listen to Dr. Joey tell his story!

School started back recently and I remembered the start of our younger daughter’s last year in elementary school. We received the usual introductory letter from her teacher. Well, actually, this letter wasn’t usual and that’s what I want to tell you about.

The teacher wrote, “In the past, I have started my school year with a letter to parents brimming with bits of advice on parenting the school-aged child. I have, however, been humbled by my daughter’s entrance to school. School is just not as simple as I thought it would be. It is not easy for a parent to find the balance between family time, extra-curricular activities, and school work.”

Like most of us, she was full of advice, knew exactly what others should do, until she started walking in the parenting shoes of a school-aged child.

And isn’t that the way most of us are? You can tell someone else what to do and how to do it, but when you’re in the situation, life isn’t so easy.

Will you be honest with others and not so quick to advise someone else who’s in a place you haven’t been? And instead, listen to life first?


Discover more great stories like this one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home