Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Thursday, September 17, 2009

"Do you want to be a superhero?"

Click here to listen to Dr. Joey tell his story!


When I was a kid, I wanted to be a superhero. I pretended that I had X-ray vision and could see through walls to watch the “bad guys” robbing a bank. And I could leap tall buildings in a single bound.

When I got tired of being Superman, then I imagined that I had a spider-like agility, that I had sixth sense and could tell where danger lurked around the corner, and I could climb up walls and stick to them.

Well, when I got tired of being Spiderman, then I pretended that I had this superhuman, freakish strength, that I had the temper of an enraged rhino, a brain the size of a walnut, and was green all over.

But then I even tired of being the Incredible Hulk. So I grew up and decided that it was okay that I wasn’t Superman or Spiderman or the Incredible Hulk. That it was just fine to be who I am—a child of God.

Today, when you’re tempted to be someone other than who you are, take off your cape or cowl and wipe off the green body paint, and just be the wonderful person God created. Go ahead and make a life, not just a living.


Discover more great stories like this one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home