Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Monday, August 10, 2009

"Do you look for beauty?"

Click here to listen to Dr. Joey tell his story!


I sat at the restaurant table with my friend, listening to her describe her spiritual journey. It’s one like yours and mine, filled with highs and lows, good days and bad days. Then she said, “But all along the way, God continues to send me beauty.”

“What do you mean, ‘God continues to send you beauty,’” I asked.

She said, “Not just big, obvious things like rainbows. Just small objects of beauty that I could easily miss if I wasn’t looking.”

And at that very moment, a little girl about 4 or 5 years old, stepped up in the aisle beside our table and began dancing. She twirled around and around, her beautiful hair flowing around her shoulders. She was obviously wearing a new dress, because as she spun around, it billowed out and she admired how it moved with her.

So I looked at my friend and said, “You mean little things of beauty like that?,” nodding at the little girl dancing.

And my friend said, “Yes.”

As you listen to life and make a life, not just a living today, look for beauty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home