Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Monday, July 27, 2009

"Do you know God’s proud of you?"

Click here to listen to Dr. Joey tell his story!

 I was standing in-line at a restaurant recently with some friends. I placed my order and moved away from the counter to get a table and wait for my food to arrive. As I stepped toward a table, I passed by the rest of the folks waiting in line. And one guy in particular caught my eye.

He was smiling, but not just any smile. I mean an ear-to-ear, face-splitting, I’m-so-happy-I-could-laugh-for-no-reason-at-all smile. And I’m wondering, “What’s he so happy about?”

And then I looked down and saw why. He was carrying a baby carrier. I knew immediately he must be a new daddy.  

“Congratulations,” I said. “Boy or girl?”

“A girl,” he said, and swung the carrier around for me to see.

“How old is she?” I asked.

“Five weeks old today,” he said, still smiling that huge grin.

“She looks like the prettiest, smartest little girl ever born,” I told him.

“She is,” he beamed.

Just like this new father, God is that proud of you; smiling all over creation because you’re that special. So smile yourself as God smiles at you as you listen to life and make a life, not just a living today.

Discover more great stories like this one!

1 Comments:

At 9:03 PM, Anonymous Durdana Yousuf said...

That was a heart warming story. I am glad I stopped by to read this post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home