Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Thursday, June 04, 2009

"Do you know how much God loves you?"

Click here to listen to Dr. Joey tell his story!

It was a cool morning and I had the window open in my home office, writing everyday stories to help you and me listen to life and make a life, not just a living. A bird flew up and perched on the Japanese maple outside of the window and started singing. It was the most beautiful song! Any improv jazz player would have envied this solo. The melody was smooth, and woven into variations. It was so cool.

Well, just then, another bird started singing too. So I had a duet going now. I just closed up my laptop, put it down, closed my eyes, and listened. Those two were really something.  

Then another bird joined in. And pretty soon another, until there was an ensemble of singers playing for my own private concert. Now I know they didn’t know I was listening, but still it seemed to me like they were playing just for me. I was so happy listening to those birds. Their concert made my day!

You know, God made those birds to sing like that, and God created those birds to sing for our pleasure. So enjoy life today as you make a life, and not just a living.

Discover more great stories like this one!

1 Comments:

At 5:58 PM, Anonymous Michael Duncan said...

One of the finest things in life is the ability to stop and be in awe of what God has made... this is a perfect example. Thanks for the reminder. God bless...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home