Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Tuesday, June 09, 2009

"Do you discover things to be grateful for?"

Click here to listen to Dr. Joey tell his story!

 Yesterday I told you about a friend who listened to his life and discovered that he was grateful to God for being able to go home and cut the grass since his cousin with polio couldn’t.

He shared his gratitude with his coworker at the table. And the coworker said something like, “Yea, I know what you mean. I’m grateful just to be here.”

“What do you mean?” my friend asked.

“Well,” the coworker said, “I played football for Marshall University back in the early 70s. In fact, I was a freshman in 1971. Back then, they didn’t let freshmen travel with the team. So I wasn’t on the plane that crashed coming back from East Carolina University, killing everyone on board. And I had to help identify the bodies. At first, I didn’t want to. Then I realized how blessed I was not to be on the plane, even though I wanted to go with the team. I’m grateful to be sitting here with you today.”

What are you grateful to God for? Some things you may know about, but others you have yet to discover. Listen to life for what you have to be grateful to God for today.

Discover more great stories like this one!

1 Comments:

At 8:25 AM, Anonymous Wendy Bristow said...

I have a horrible heart condition called "sudden death syndrome". I am extremely grateful to be alive every single day. God has indeed blessed me with life!! Amen !!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home