Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

"Who do you call when you're scared?"


We had just tucked our younger daughter in for a good night’s sleep when a thunderstorm blew up. The wind whistled. The lightning flashed. And the thunder rattled the windows. It was a pretty good-sized storm.

I heard all of this sound-and-light show from downstairs in my recliner. Between the “booms” I heard this muffled voice calling, “Daddy! Daddy!” So I went upstairs and to our younger daughter’s bedroom where I found her with the covers pulled up over her head.

“What’s wrong?” I asked.

“I’m scared of the thunder,” she said. “Will you lay down with me?”

“Sure,” I said as I got under the covers. “But why does it help with me under the covers?”

“Because the thunder can’t hurt me when you’re here. You’re my Daddy.”

Who do you call when you’re scared by life? Like when you’re out of work? Or, business is way off? Call your heavenly Daddy, God, and invite God to lie down with you. Life might get noisy, but it can’t hurt you when God’s with you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home