Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Sunday, March 01, 2009

"Do the things you worry about come true?"


I guess we all worry about something at some time or another, don’t we? We worry about our children and our parents, our jobs and our retirement, our health and our friends’ health; the economy.

That reminds me of a New York real estate mogul who sat in his minister’s office, wringing his hands over the sorry state of the economy. After the minister counseled him about trusting in God, not worrying, and moving forward with his mission in life, the entrepreneur looked into his minister’s eyes and said firmly, “Don't tell me worry does no good. The things I worry about never come true.”

I believe it was Mark Twain who said, “I’ve had some terrible experiences in my life, some of which actually happened.”When you find yourself worrying today, remind yourself that, like this man, the things you worry about never come true. Your imagination can create good things to focus on as easily as it can bad.

So instead of worrying, listen to life today for what God has to say, and watch all of the wonderful things you’re listening for come true.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home