Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Monday, February 23, 2009

"What will you do when you see God?"


A five-year-old daughter told her Daddy one morning, “Daddy, I can’t wait to see God.”

“Okay,” the Daddy said. “But you’re not planning on going to see God anytime soon, are you?”

“Oh no sir,” she said. “It’ll be a long time before I see God. But I can’t wait.”

“Really? Why is that?” the Daddy asked.

“Because when I see God,” she said, “I’m going to run up and give God the biggest hug I’ve got.”

I like that! Most people I hear talking about meeting God say something like, “When I see God, I’m going to ask why my Mom had to die when I was so young.” Or, “why did I miscarry?” Or, “why didn’t you keep me from losing my job?” Or, “Why were mosquitoes and fleas necessary?”

I suspect when you see God, all of the things you wonder and worry about today just won’t matter. That you’ll be so overwhelmed by God’s love that, like this little girl, you’ll just run up and give God a hug.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home