Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

"Got a hedge?"


I sat out on the back porch of a friend’s home recently. He and his family live in a golf course community in Florida. As we rocked and talked, I couldn’t help but notice that lining his backyard was a hedge. I looked more closely and discovered that the hedge was made up of hibiscus, a beautiful flowering plant that doesn’t grow too well outdoors in my part of the world.

So I asked about the hedge. My friend said, "We used to keep it cut back so we could see the golf course and imagine that it’s all our backyard that we don’t have to keep up. But we’ve just let it grow up now and block our view."

What hedge do you let grow up and block your view of life? Not all hedges are beautiful, are they? There’s the hedge of anger, the hedge of prejudice, the hedge of past pain, the hedge of conflict in a relationship, and a myriad of other hedges that you and I let grow up and block our view of the vast expanse of life that God keeps up for us.

Today, look at your hedge. Ask God to help you cut it down. Then listen to life and enjoy the new view of an abundant life God has for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home