Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Monday, November 17, 2008

"What’s your dream?"


A friend’s insurance business is just a few blocks from a high school. One day, a student from the school walked in and asked to speak with the owner. They met, and she said, "I’m in the Distributive Education program at my school down the street and I need a job. It has to be a job I can walk to since I’m only 15 and can’t drive. You don’t have to pay me. I need to work six hours a week."

My friend was so impressed that one so young walked right in and asked for a job that he gave it to her on the spot. "Nobody works for me for free," he told her. So he paid her for the six hours each week.

Since that day, her hours have increased as has her salary. She worked her way through high school and through most of college. She graduates next year with a degree in fashion design.

Once college was only a dream, but now she’s graduating. And all because she took a deep breath, worked up her courage, and stepped through the door of my friend’s business.

What door is God leading you through today to realize your dream?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home