Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

"What will you choose to see today?"


My wife and I were at the home of another couple. All four of us left together in their vehicle and as we turned down the street, the friend’s wife screams, "Deer! Look! There’s a deer! No, there are two deer! Look!"
Well, of course we looked and there stood a couple of white-tail deer. Our friends were entranced by the deer, just totally excited by seeing them.

But I’ve got to tell you that I wasn’t. I looked at those deer and thought, "Yea, they’re related to the ones on our farm that are probably eating my blueberries off the bushes before I can pick them. And I’ll bet they’re cousins with the doe that’s teaching her fawn to eat the tender shoots and buds on my rose bushes. I wish I had a gun…"

Eventually my friend drove on, but both he and his wife kept marveling over the deer and how extraordinarily wonderful it was to see them. I listened to them and thought, "It’s all a matter of the perspective we choose. They see beautiful wildlife and I see parasites."

What will you choose to see today as you make a life, not just a living?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home