Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Thursday, August 14, 2008

"Are you afraid?"


I bought an old pick-up truck for using around our farm. I knew it needed some work and it turns out that it needs a new engine. So I found one and was explaining to one of our daughters about engines and how they work.

I told her that it’s actually what’s known as an internal combustion engine, i.e., that the gasoline is mixed with air and the spark plug ignites the mixture, setting off an explosion. "You mean the engine explodes?" she asked.
"Well, yea, but it’s a controlled explosion," I explained. And I told her about the strength of the engine contains the explosion, how it drives the pistons which turn, turn, turn other parts until the wheels move.

"It sounds dangerous," she said. "I guess you need it to move forward."

She’s right about life, too, you know. Are you afraid of the danger of life explosions, i.e., giving up control of life to God and asking God to move you forward? And yet, isn’t that the best way to move forward—an internal spiritual combustion; your spirit and God’s spirit mixing together to move you forward.

Ask God’s Spirit to mix with yours today as you make a life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home