Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

"Does God care about you?"


I’ve enjoyed baseball all of my life, but not so much with my wife. I mean, she enjoyed the family outings with our daughters to ball games, but for the three of them it was mostly about hot dogs and snow cones…until my wife’s nephew, Dan Uggla, began his career with the Florida Marlins. All of a sudden, my wife began asking me how the Marlins did last night. Then, it was, "How did Daniel play last night?"

At first, I told her, "He did pretty well" or "He had a great night" but that was all. Soon that wasn’t enough. She asked, "Did he hit a home run?" or "How many hits did he have?" So I taught her how to read box scores and the differences between runs scored and runs batted in and how walks don’t count as at-bats. She wants to know about the game. And it’s all because baseball became personal when her nephew started playing.

Sometimes you might think God doesn’t care so much about your life. But God does care very deeply about your life. Life is personal for God because you’re a part of God’s family. Discover your relationship with God as you make a life today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home