Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Thursday, April 10, 2008

"Are you in a fog?"


My wife and I went out to eat with some friends. As I drove over to their home, the fog began developing. And the further I drove, the thicker the fog became. As I drove nearer their home, I found the subdivision, but took a wrong turn, and pretty soon found myself disoriented. Finally, I found their place.

As I drove to the restaurant, the fog became thicker until pretty soon, I could hardly see past the end of my car.

"What am I looking for?" I asked my friend who was giving me directions.

"You’re looking for a blinking light," he said.

Shortly, I found myself all the way in a little town beyond the restaurant and we couldn’t understand how we missed the blinking light…until I went into a convenience store and the clerk said that area had no power due to fallen trees from an ice storm. In the fog, I couldn’t see well enough to even know when I’d passed beneath a powerless blinking light.

Are you in a fog? And can’t find what you’re looking for in life? Then stop and ask for help from God. That’s the best way in the foggy world to listen to life and make a life, not just a living.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home