Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

"Storms come up quickly, don’t they?"


Yesterday I told you about the rain forecast for my part of the world and how I prepared my roses for it. Well, that day started out with anything but rain. I mean the sun was shining, the temperature was warm for winter, and I’m thinking, "You mean I did all of this work on my rose gardens and for nothing?" I’m sure you’ve said something like that before, haven’t you?

Just about the time I’ve given up, the wind starts to blow. I look out over the mountains and the sky starts getting dark. And within just a few minutes, a major thunderstorm blew up and the rain started. About an hour later, we had a tornado warning. The weather changed very, very quickly.

Life changes about that quickly, also, doesn’t it? Everything is fine with your life and all of a sudden, a loved one is diagnosed with cancer. There’s an accident involving a friend. Your job is eliminated and you’re laid off. A storm blows up in a hurry in your life.

God is in your life in the good and the stormy times. Find God as you listen to life and make a life, not just a living today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home