Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

"Grandparents are really special, aren’t they?"


I’ve made an important decision recently. I decided to let my daughters date before they’re 30. The reason is because dating is the pathway to marriage and their weddings are the pathway to my becoming a grandparent.
Some of the happiest people I know are grandparents. And kids all love their grandparents. Here are some ways children described their grandparents:

"Grandparents don't have to do anything except be there when we come to see them. They are so old they shouldn't play hard or run. It’s good if they drive us to the store and have lots of quarters for us.

"Grandparents are a lady and a man who have no little children of their own. They like other people's kids.

"When they take us for walks, they slow down past things like pretty leaves and caterpillars. And they don't say, ‘Hurry up.’"

You see, I can do these things. And with grandchildren, I get to listen to life with them so I can make a life, not just a living. Now, I’ve just got to find a couple of guys who are good enough for my daughters…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home