Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Monday, September 24, 2007

"Do you delegate?"


I was talking with a small business owner recently about how she does business.

"What’s one of your biggest challenges?" I asked her.

"Well," she said, "I’m a perfectionist. It’s very hard for me to let go of certain tasks to let the employees do it."

"Why is that?" I wondered.

"Because they won’t do it the way I’d do it," she said quite honestly.

"So what’s more important," I said, "getting the job done or you doing the job?"

Can you relate with my friend? It’s so easy to play the "If you want it done right you have to do it yourself" game, isn’t it?

The purpose of your life isn’t for you to prove your worth to others by doing everything yourself. God didn’t create you to be a human doing, but a human being. And besides the rest of us want something to do as well.

Today ask God to help you release your need to do everything and to delegate certain asks to others who are capable so that you can make a life and not just a living.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home