Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Thursday, September 20, 2007

"Are you winning yet?"


A new friend emailed me that she was interested in knowing more about a litter of yellow Labrador retriever puppies we had at the time. She included her cell phone number so I called her on it.

We talked for a little while until a there was a huge roar from her side of the conversation. It sounded like a crowd cheering. Of course, I just had to know where she was.

"I’m at my son’s baseball game," she said.

"Are you winning?" I asked.

"Not yet," she said.

I love her attitude, don’t you? She could have said, "No, we’re losing." Instead she said, "Not yet."

This "not yet" attitude is a great way to tuck into your mind as you listen to life and make a life, not just a living. God doesn’t always bring us what we want in life at the time we think it should arrive. And thank God for that because our timing isn’t perfect like God’s. So have a "not yet" attitude as you make a life today and be patient with God…you’ll start winning soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home