Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Monday, September 10, 2007

"Is today special to you?"


Today in the U.S. the news media will focus attention on this being the 6th anniversary of the horrific destruction that occurred in New York City, Washington, D.C., and in the Pennsylvania countryside. The loss of life was staggering and really, the whole world was shaken.

I’ve talked with couples who changed their wedding date from 9-11, saying, "Who wants to get married on that day?" Well, lots of people got married on September 11 before 2001.

In fact, while I’ll always remember what happened in the U.S. on 9-11, more important to me is the fact that my grandparents were married on this day. My anniversary was one week ago today and I can still hear my grandfather’s voice in my imagination as we discussed what to do for our wives on our anniversaries. I have pictures of them taken on this day they were married.

I choose to celebrate my grandparents’ wedding anniversary today, not death and destruction. Ask God to help you focus on the positive as you make a life today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home