Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Sunday, September 16, 2007

"Are you laughing?"


I love being around people who’ve lived a while, like 80, 90, or even one hundred years. Maybe it’s because I think by associating with them, I’ll live that long or longer. But I think it’s more because they have lived enough life to have a great sense of humor about their age. Their sense of humor keeps them going when their back hurts, and knees won’t work, and eyes won’t focus.

For instance, a friend of mine went to a birthday party recently, celebrating a woman’s 95th birthday.

Someone asked her if she was ready for some birthday cake.

"Does it have candles on it?" she asked.

"Well, yes it does," she was told.

"Well then, I’d like to wait until my grandson arrives," the woman said.

Someone asked her, "Why?"

"This is my 95th birthday," she said. "That’s a lot of candles. He’ll know what to do if something goes wrong because he’s a fireman."

See what I mean? You’ve got to love that kind of perspective on life.

As you make a life and not just a living today, go visit an older person as a part of listening to your life. And laugh a little today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home