Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Monday, September 03, 2007

"Is today your anniversary?"


It’s really hard for me to believe it. I don’t know what’s the most difficult to believe about it—that I’ve been alive that long or that there’s that much grace and patience so freely given by one person.
Oh, what I’m talking about is today is my 25th wedding anniversary.

There’s no denying I’m old enough to be married for 25 years. In fact, I regularly get asked, "Oh, is this your oldest daughter?" when my wife is with me. Sad, but true, I’m afraid.

And there’s no denying that my wife has that much grace and patience. She says that in all of these 25 years she’s never once thought about divorcing me. Now, she freely admits she considered murdering me a few times, but that’s another matter altogether.

I’ve called my congressman numerous times, trying to get either the Medal of Honor or the Purple Heart for my wife. He says it’s just for people who served our country. I assured him my wife has!

Today thank God for the grace and patience you receive as you make a life!

(Go to www.StayMarriedForever.org to discover how you can celebrate your 25th anniversary and beyond…)

4 Comments:

At 8:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did a double-take at the headline. Yes, it is our (39th) anniversary! I suppose there is a 1-in-365.25 chance of an anniversary match, so we're surely not alone among your mailing list.

Many blessings to you both!

 
At 8:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary. What a nice tribute to your wife.

 
At 10:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Joey,

Yes, today is my anniversary, no. 31. Happy to share the holiday with you as the nation takes a day off in our honor each year.

We are happily living in Rowland, NC as pastor and teacher. Our daughter now signs her name with a comma and PhD following working as a research herpatogist at Michigan State and Brian and his wife are in Knoxville where he is minister to students at Ball Camp Baptist Church.

We are enjoying your daily thoughts are have recruited a few subscribers who appreciate your insights.

Grace and peace,

Michael Johnson

 
At 11:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your 25th anniversary! I hope you and Rowan have a great day and many more many to come. Smeems like only yesterday Ramie and Kent were young children and yours were only thoughts. Time passes so quickly! Please tell Rowan hi for me. Thinking about yall and again, congratulations. Love, Pam(Williamson) Daniel

 

Post a Comment

<< Home