Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Sunday, March 18, 2007

"Want a sign?"


It was one of those days when it seemed like everything was going wrong. I had had a stomach virus and was weak. I still had a bad cold. One computer was acting up and another was threatening. Some unexpected news that I didn’t want to hear arrived. And my mother needed to have a heart catheterization.

So I just stopped what I was doing and I prayed. I prayed, "God, I sure could use a little reassurance that you’re around and on the job today. I’m missing you. Would you send me a sign?"

I opened my eyes, glanced out the window, and there on the oak tree near the bird feeder, was one of the biggest red-headed woodpeckers I’ve ever seen. He turned his head to the side and stared at me staring at him, his brilliant crown glowing brightly against the brown winter landscape. And I knew in an instant I had gotten my sign. God was on the job.

And that red-headed woodpecker has shown up day-after-day since, reassuring me that God is near. I needed a sign from God letting me know that I wasn’t facing life alone.

Maybe you do, too. Ask for your sign as you listen to life today. God is with you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home