Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Sunday, January 21, 2007

"What do you dread?"


I made a mistake recently putting up a fence. I didn’t measure for my gate properly before I planted the posts for it. Of course I realized this when I brought the gate home and tried to hang it. It just didn’t quite reach.

I got upset with myself when I discovered what I’d done. You see, I put some cement around the post and digging up chunks of cement isn’t exactly my favorite pastime. So rather than just go ahead and dig up and move the post, I put it off.

I found all of these other jobs to do, all of a sudden. And the longer I procrastinated moving the post, the more I dreaded doing it until after a while, in my mind at least, you’d have thought I was moving a mountain.

One weekend, I decided that the day had come when I had to get over myself and just move that post. So I brought out my tools and started digging. Amazingly, the job was easy! I finished it in about an hour.

Today you’ll face something you dread doing or a mistake. Just take a deep breath, say a prayer, and fix it. It’s a lot easier than you think!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home