Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Monday, January 08, 2007

"Who do you answer to?"


My family and I live on a horse farm. My wife boards horses for owners who don’t have a farm. I enjoy helping her take care of the farm.

A few weeks back, I left our home and headed toward the highway when I noticed that some of our fencing was down. I stopped and looked at it, propped it back up the best I could, and knew I had to come back and fix it pretty quickly. I did, wondering how long it had been that way.

Well the next day, I saw several friends who said something to me like, "Yea, I saw your fence down and started to call you and tell you, but I thought you probably knew it." The fact is I didn’t.

As with fences, so it is with life. Other people see situations in our lives and sometimes before you do. That’s why I find it so important as I listen to life and make a life, not just a living, to have people in my life who check in with me, who hold me accountable for what’s going on and how I’m dealing with it.

Ultimately you and I are accountable to God for our lives. So listen to life today for what God has to say about how you’re living and fix up accordingly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home