Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

"What needs cleaning?"


I walk in and out of our backdoor numerous times every day. More times than I can remember. So I see this door a lot, but I learned the other day that I don’t really look at it.

For some reason-maybe my angle was different, perhaps I slowed down as I walked up to it-I noticed how dirty the glass was in this door. It’s a full-length, glass storm door so it’s not like there are panes to look around or anything. But it was like I saw it for the first time, or the first time in a long time. And it had fingerprints, palm prints, smudges, and, of course, yellow Lab nose prints, on it.

So I got some window cleaner from the pantry, sprayed and wiped the window, stood back and admired it and wondered, “Why hadn’t I noticed that before?”

Maybe you’re that way about some part of life-your negative attitude, quick temper, or grouchy disposition. You walk by it everyday but don’t really look at it.

Ask God to show you what needs cleaning as you listen to life today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home