Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Monday, January 22, 2007

"Do you like your spot?"


One of our houseplants, a philodendron, sat on the sill in the bay window in our kitchen. I watered and fed it and it grew some, but not particularly well. It got plenty of sun, I thought, and it did okay, but I was hoping for more.

So I brought it over to my office and put on a desk by a window that faces west. I put some fertilizer on it and watered and it started to grow.

It grew so prolifically that my wife came up to my office one day and said, "That philodendron is taking over your desk! What’d you do to it?"

"I just put some fertilizer on it and watered it," I said. "I guess it likes this spot."

I’m kind of like that philodendron, aren’t you? There are some spots in life I like better than others. Some life spots where I can grow and prosper and be who I’m uniquely created to be. In fact, when you listen to life and make a life, not just a living, you discover your preferred life spot and how God created you to thrive. Your life spot can be about your career, your relationships, your happiness…so listen to life today and find the life spot God intends for you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home