Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Monday, April 24, 2006

"Do you listen to your kids?"


I stopped by a clothing store one day for my daughters. I was intent on just dashing in and out. Well, my dashing took a little longer than I thought.

It turns out the attendant listens to life with us on our syndicated radio show. So I listened with fascination as she talked about her favorite stories.

Then as I left and got to my car, I heard a child crying. I turned to see a rather harried looking mom with her little son by the hand, heading to the car. She said, “He wanted a balloon, but the lady was busy.”

Immediately I thought, “Busy talking with me.” And so I asked, “May I go get him a balloon? I’m sure she’s not so busy now and he looks like he’s missing his nap and could use a balloon.”

She said, “You think so? Well, I’ll go get it” and she did.

The next day, I received an email from her saying he stopped crying when they turned to go back in. “I guess,” she said, “that sometimes we should listen to our kids instead of just hearing them. Thanks!”

Try listening to instead of just hearing your children today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home