Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

"Do you just sing?"


As spring sprang into beauty around our farm last month, I got outdoors more and more. While I was outdoors one beautiful Saturday morning early, a bird started singing. Its song captured my attention. Of course most of the birds were gone over the winter and I frankly missed their music. This bird sang so well that I began searching for him. I walked from tree to tree, listening carefully for his song.

Then I found him. I approached slowly so he wouldn’t fly away. Then I stood and watched him as he sang to his heart’s content. So there I am, leaning against a tree, enjoying his music when it occurred to me that this bird was just singing. He wasn’t struggling. It wasn’t an effort for him to sing. There didn’t appear to be any work involved at all for him. He was content with his song. He didn’t struggle to sing a more beautiful song. He just sang.

Today join this bird in just singing your song. Don’t struggle to find the perfect song. Just sing your song as you listen to life and make a life, not just a living.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home