Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Monday, April 10, 2006

"What will you do differently today?"


You’ve heard me talk about the definition of insanity that suggests it’s doing the same thing over and over again while expecting different results. Recently I discovered another way I could stop acting insane.

About seven years ago, I planted a bed of roses in our yard. I’ve fertilized those roses countless times, most of the time more than the recommended amount and they just wouldn’t grow.

So I decided a couple of months ago, that rather than go insane fertilizing those roses yet another season, I’d move them. And I did. I created another bed, transplanted the roses, and hopefully they’ll do much, much better now.

You know, even when some part of your life isn’t growing well, you’re tempted to leave it as is because it’s familiar. You could be miserable, but won’t take the time and energy needed to change what you’re doing.

Today, listen around your life, find something that’s not growing well for you, and change it. That’s one way to make a life, not just a living!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home