Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Sunday, April 09, 2006

"How's your sense of awe and wonder?"


Our older daughter was home from college recently and I had the privilege to taking her out to dinner.

One of the reasons I like this restaurant is they have a soft-serve ice cream machine. Well, as I’m standing in line for ice cream, there are three Hispanic children ahead of me. Even though I don’t speak Spanish, it was obvious to me that two of them knew the drill, but one of them did not. So the other two showed her how to get a cone, position it under the spout, and pull the lever. Her eyes glowed and her mouth was wide-open with awe and wonder as the ice cream came down. The other two children laughed with pure happiness at her first-time discovery. Then she started laughing, loudly.

And so I started laughing, caught up in the moment. I even started clapping…and they did, too.

Do you get excited about things like ice cream any more? Or, have you lost your sense of awe and wonder? Listen to life today and make a life, not just a living and ask God to laugh with you about something wonderful today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home