Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

"Do you pass it on?"

A friend recently invited me to his bookstore to meet another author who was doing a reading. I arrived a little late, and the room was pretty full. I looked for a seat, feeling a little awkward. Just then, I spotted my friend, who waved me over to a seat beside of him.

This same author invited me to attend a lecture he was giving a few days later with the hope that we could eat lunch afterwards. “My schedule is full,” I told him, “and I’ll get there a little late, but I’ll be present.” Well, I made it and the auditorium was pretty full. I didn’t want to cross in front as he spoke, so I went up the sidesteps. This time, no one slid over or motioned for me to join them in the few vacant seats. I went all the way up to the top of the room where I found some stacked chairs and sat down. Pretty soon, other people entered, had the same experience I did, but remembering my first experience, I got up, took down a chair for them, waved them up, and pretty soon there were six of us.

The next time someone does something nice for you, pass it on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home