Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

"Written a note lately?"

When was the last time you sent a hand-written to someone? Let me tell you—it makes a big impact on the receiver.
Recently someone sent me a hand-written note. It read, “Dear Joey, Thank you for being you. You are a comfort and a blessing to us. God bless you.”

Now I don’t know about you, but I don’t get too many of those. Sure, an email like this every now and then, but a handwritten note? Nobody takes the time to send handwritten notes anymore, do they?

But this person did. And it means so much to me that I keep near my telephone so that I see it quite often every day. It’s there to remind me that being me is enough; that I don’t have to emulate someone else. I’m reminded that what I do matters and helps others. And I’m reminded that I can send a hand-written note to someone else and make their day, too. So I try to do just that at least once a week now.

Bless someone by writing a note to them this week as you listen to life and make a life, not just a living.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home