Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Sunday, February 12, 2006

"How well do you listen to someone you love?"

My wife and I were in the kitchen together recently. She was rinsing dishes at the sink to put into the dishwasher. I was clearing the table at the other end of the room, and talking to her with my back to her.

Well, while I’m talking, the exhaust fan is on over the stove. One of our yellow Labrador retrievers is batting around a purple ball that makes weird, squeaky noises. And remember—the water is running in the sink. And I’m just talking away with my back to my wife.

All of a sudden, she says, “Wait a minute, honey. I can’t understand what you’re saying.” And she cuts the water off, turns off the exhaust fan over the stove, reaches down and picks up the Lab’s ball, and tells her to sit and stay. Then she says, “Now turn around and tell me your story again.”

I realized how much she loves me when she did that and how well she listens to me. Do you listen to someone you love that well?

Nothing says “I love you!” like listening carefully to your loved one. The same way God listens to you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home