Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

"Life is like a box of crayons, isn't it?"

I can still remember from my childhood wanting a box of 64 Crayola crayons. And I can still remember when I got it. I carefully opened it and just stared at all those colors and read those wonderful colors’ names.

And then I got out my favorite coloring book and pulled out that first crayon and started coloring. Oh, it colored better than any crayon I’d ever used.

And pretty soon I noticed that I sharpened some more than others, which meant that some crayons were shorter than others. And I liked some colors better than others, but I still had 64 different colors.

And each time I used one I made sure I put it back in the box, because that’s where all the crayons belonged—they all lived in the same box.

Life is like a box of crayons, isn’t it? Life gives us different skin colors and names. Life sharpens some of us and dulls others of us which means most of us come up short at some point in our lives. And yet we all live in the same loving box, don’t we?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home