Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

"How much does a good time with you cost?"

“Big vacations” to resorts or amusement parks weren’t in vogue when I was growing up. The “good times” I remember most from my growing up years really weren’t vacations at all. They were really just “special moments” like when my Dad woke me up early one Saturday morning and asked if I wanted to go fishing. Or, when a friend called and invited me to go horseback riding. Or, when my grandparents just showed up for a visit.

Today, it seems like “good times” have to be “big vacations.” Or at least so parents think. Take your child fishing instead of blowing a wad of money on a big vacation. Or, call a friend and go horseback riding. Or, go visit your grandchildren. It really doesn’t matter how much money you spend on a good time. What’s more important is how much of yourself you spend.

And that, my friends, is the heart and soul, the spirit, of what listening to life and making a life, not just a living is all about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home