Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

"Do you laugh much?"

Click here to listen to Dr. Joey tell his story!

 Recently I shared with a group about listening to life. Now I speak to a lot of groups and sometimes I do PowerPoint presentations from my laptop using a video projector. And that’s what I was doing this time.
 Now if you use a computer much, you know that sometimes stuff happens that you just didn’t plan for. It just happens. And it did to me.

For some unknown reason, my computer starts acting up, making me start and restart the program, even accusing me of that dreaded “illegal operation” that Windows throws at you. So here I am, in front of a large group of folks, being accused of an “illegal operation.”

Now there was a time in my life when I would have gotten really upset about all of this. Instead, I just tried to joke my way through it, assuring the group that while I had committed a few immoral operations, none of them were illegal as far as I knew, and so on until eventually, for whatever reason, the thing cleared up. I went on with the presentation and everything went quite well.

Today, when something like this happens to you, don’t get upset. Just laugh your way through it as God coaches you to make a life, not just a living.

Discover more great stories like this one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home