Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Sunday, July 19, 2009

"Where are your challenges?"

Click here to listen to Dr. Joey tell his story!

 Now I know their families lived there before we moved in. I am fully aware that they have as much right to live there now as I do. And I respect others’ rights as fully as I do my own, but somehow I think they should respect mine, too.

What am I talking about? I’m talking about the whitetail deer who were eating my blueberries at 6:30 a.m. recently. Four of them, to be exact.

Now I haven’t seen them for weeks and weeks, except in the woods or grazing in a distant pasture. You know, in places where they belong; at least, in my opinion. So when I checked the blueberry bushes the day before and discovered a few ripened, I thought to myself, “I’ll get out here and pick some soon. I haven’t seen the does in a while so no worries there.”

Boy, was I wrong! They had their heads fully up in the bushes, eating my carefully tended and grown blueberries with joy and delight.

As you listen to life and make a life, just because one of your challenges hasn’t been around lately, doesn’t mean it’s not present. So ask God for help, even when you think you’ve got life growing on your own.

Discover more great stories like this one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home