Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Monday, December 29, 2008

"Did you make a difference this year?"


It was a beautiful fall day on our farm so I got out the ladders and started cleaning leaves out of the gutters on our home. Then I took the lawn mower with the grass catcher and began collecting leaves. I really enjoyed that sense of satisfaction knowing that the gutters and yard were clean from leaves.

But when I got out of bed two days later and looked out the window as the sun rose, guess what I saw? Yep, the yard was covered with leaves again. And when I looked out my office window later in the day and looked down on the gutters, one of them was full of leaves again.

And I wondered, "Why did I do all of that work?" But then I thought, "It did make a difference. There are fewer leaves clogging the gutters." And soon after, the rest of the leaves fell and I got them up and that season was over.

This Thursday, we begin the new year of 2009. The season of 2008 is just about over. Tell yourself today that what you did this year did make a difference. And listen to life for God’s voice in the upcoming season of the New Year so you can make a difference again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home