Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Sunday, November 09, 2008

"Life’s a matter of perspective, isn’t it?"


I am a year younger today. "Once a man, twice a child" my grandfather always told me. So that’s why I’m younger today, not older. At the rate I’m getting senior beverages, losing hair and being asked if my wife is my daughter, I’ll be drooling on myself again with just a few teeth left very shortly.

I have a friend who’s older than me. In fact, she’s older than my parents. She moved not so long ago. She emailed me recently to say, "Where I lived previously, I was an old lady with a cane. But now that I’m in a retirement home, I’m younger than most and just grateful to be here. Growing old is a gift. Live life to the fullest."

I really like that, don’t you? Age isn’t a matter of chronology, but perspective. Ever noticed how "an elderly person" is someone at least 10 years older than you, regardless of your age? And how "a young person" is someone about 10 years younger than you?

My friend is right—growing old is a gift God gives you. And you start unwrapping it the day you’re born. So make a life, not just a living today…no matter what your age!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home