Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

"How’s your thinking?"


When was the last time you slowed down long enough to sit and stare at the clouds? Remember when you did that as a child? And named what you saw in the clouds’ shapes?

Recently I was between meetings. I stepped outside, found a rocking chair, and sat and stared at the clouds. I remembered naming cloud shapes when I was a kid and decided to try it again.

But all I could think about was, "I wonder if it’ll rain this afternoon" and then I wondered about frontal systems and low pressure areas and had a hurricane blown up and since I hadn’t heard the news if I was unprepared. Finally, I made myself stop thinking like this, focused back on the shapes in the clouds, and found an elephant, a kangaroo, a cow, and other shapes.

How often do you take the same way you’ve always thought to a new problem? You have to think differently to solve your life’s challenges. Same thinking leads to same solutions which don’t fit new problems.

God gave you an incredible mind. Use all of it as you listen to life today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home