Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

"Who do you want with you as you follow your dream?"


A first-grade teacher seated her students in a circle. She asked them what they wanted to be when they grew up. One by one, each child got up and announced, "I'd like to be a nurse like my mother," or "I want to be a banker like my father," or "I want to be a teacher like you, Miss Smith."

The last child to speak was the most shy and timid little boy in the class. He said, "When I get big, I’m going to be a lion tamer in the circus. I’m going to face those animals with my whip and chair and make them leap through hoops of fire and obey all of my commands."

Seeing the disbelieving looks on the faces of his classmates that he could ever act so boldly or bravely, he realized he needed help and said, "Well, of course, I’ll have my mom with me."

So who do you want with you when you’re not so sure you can be bold enough or brave enough to follow your dream? Well, of course, you’ll have your God with you! So follow your dream as you listen to life and make a life, not just a living today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home