Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

"Do you ever just not quite get it?"


Two friends were sitting watching the 11 o’clock news one night. The news story was about a man who was about to jump off a building, raising money for charity.

One of the friends said to the other, "I bet you $100 that man won’t jump."

The other friend said, "Okay, you’re on. $100 says that man will jump."

They both watched as the man actually did jump off the tall building.

"Fine, you win," said the first friend. "Here’s your $100."

But the other friend wouldn’t take his money. "No, I can’t take your money," he said. "You see, I watched the 6 o’clock news and I knew he would jump."

But the first friend wouldn’t take the money back. "No, no," he said. "It was a fair bet. I watched the 6 o’clock news, too. I just didn’t think he’d jump twice."

Like the first friend, do you ever just not quite get it? I’m sure glad God loves us even when we don’t quite get it, aren’t you? Just listen to life today for what God has to say…whether you get it or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home