Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

"How can you make a difference in the world?"


Mother Theresa gave a speech about her work with the sick and dying and her efforts to help the orphans in India. After her address, a member of the audience stood and asked, "You have done so much to make the world a better place. What can we do?" He really wanted to assist her in her work.

Mother Theresa just smiled and said simply, "Love your children."

The man looked puzzled and was about to say something else when Mother Theresa raised her hand and said, "There are other things you can do, but this is the best—love your children."

When you think about making a difference in the world, you think of things like Mother Theresa did that grab headlines. "Love your children" sounds rather mundane by comparison…until you realize that if the parents of the orphans with whom Mother Theresa worked had loved their children, her orphanage work would have been unnecessary.

So let’s just love our children…or somebody else’s child that needs loving, and make a difference in the world today.

1 Comments:

At 2:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A nurse here on the Island sent me to your site. She knows I've begun a Bible study blog and felt I could pick up some helpful hints from you. I agree. My site is biblestudent.wordpress.com. I'd be honored if you visit it sometime and perhaps make suggestion as to format and content and how to extend the outreach. I'm looking for all the help I can get. The site is purely devotional. Nothing denominational or controversial. And I'm not asking anyone to join anything or give any money. Love to hear from you. Keep up your good work. Don Kimrey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home